Executive Producer - San Francisco Giants (San Francisco, CA)
Title: Executive Producer
Reports To: Senior Director, SFG Productions & Entertainment
Department: Marketing/SFG Productions
The Executive Producer will lead and execute all levels of content production from pre-production to post-production phases. This position requires a full working knowledge of live, ENG, pre and post production and should be well versed in lighting, editing, audio and writing; the requirements of high quality production and storytelling. This includes short feature video production, commercials, PSA’s, Video Board features and long form production such as documentaries and talk shows.
The ideal candidate must have a project management skill-set relative to budgets, staffing and video/audio distribution channels. The Executive Producer should have managerial experience with the ability to lead and inspire SFG Productions’ team members, free-lancers, actors and related personnel necessary required for the full spectrum of production.
This ideal candidate should have a collaborative spirit for concept, development and production and be versatile enough to work across all departments in the Giants. Idea creation and innovation are essential to success in this role.
Idea Creation & Innovation
• Conceive a creative vision and framework for various SFG Productions properties and internal marketing initiatives.
• Develop new methods to monetize content and services. Execute projects by leveraging staff and equipment while managing a production budget.
• Responsibility for creative strategy on production projects, including interfacing with internal teams to ensure the content produced is representative of the SF Giants brand.
• Develop and periodically re-invent the content production plan for SFG Productions and short/long form video, interviews, game entertainment, webcasts, streaming audio, video and podcast.
• Responsible for developing/presenting ideas with staff, and taking those ideas through to completed product.
Production Project Management
• Manage content production projects from concept through completion: producing, budgeting, production team management, post-production supervision, and distribution.
• Provide technical oversight for the SFG Productions group. Lead innovation of new technologies and workflow to increase efficiencies.
• Collaborate with SVP of Marketing to schedule, conceive and oversee creation of TV & radio for SF Giants branded content and initiatives.
• Interface with MLB.com and for coordination and delivery of content to sfgiants.com
• Manage the SFG Productions operating and capital budgets. Plan, supervise, and track operational expenditures.
• Develop and oversee distribution of media content with IT and PR departments. Ensure the reach of SF Giants content with a well-articulated distribution strategy.
People Management & Collaboration
• Responsible for hiring, training and motivating direct reports.
• Manage part-time and intern hours and oversee staffing budget.
• Be responsible for building relationships and synergies with internal customers; set priority for production projects.
• Develop a network of reliable, high-quality freelance creative vendors for outsourcing projects as needed.
• Responsible for planning the production process in Scottsdale during Spring Training. Develop the edit studio, set design, equipment and staffing needs. Manage budgeting and distribution of content and interface with PR department.
Skills & Desired Qualifications
• Minimum of 5 years of experience working as a senior-level executive producer
• Management experience in a leadership role
• Bachelor's degree in Broadcasting/Journalism or related field
• Extensive knowledge of the digital media landscape (both technical and creative) and experience working on live (or live to tape) studio productions, sports documentary format and in-game entertainment
• Experience working on live content, ideally both as a hands on producer and as an executive producer
• Understanding of audio/video technology and various pieces of broadcast equipment such as clip servers, replay equipment, tape decks etc. Strong knowledge of broadcast operations
• Knowledge of the sports market and media/broadcast industry; familiarity with and passion for pop culture
• Must be flexible with travel and non-traditional work schedule
• Proven ability to build and sustain positive, credible working relationships with staff and internal clients
• Must be able to demonstrate creativity and a passion to push the boundaries of innovation
• Extensive production experience: logistics, budgeting, field work, writing, audio & video editing and storytelling
• Ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple tasks and shifting priorities
• Must demonstrate a belief in and a proven ability as a positive change agent
About SFG Productions:
SFG Productions is the offi¬cial in-house production company of the San Francisco Giants. SFG Productions develops exclusive content designed to keep fans informed, energized and engaged with the team through live-streaming webcasts, commercials, in-game entertainment, and our LED-powered video board and scoreboard displays. Our SFG Productions team also produces the Emmy award-winning Inside the Clubhouse television series that provides viewers with an up-close and personal look at our players, fans and the front office.