Communications: Community Relations
Non Profit Group Coordinator - Detroit Baseball (Comerica Park) (Detroit, MI)
Job Title: Non Profit - FUNDRAISER COORDINATOR
Job Code(s): 3360
Job Family: SUPERVISOR
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Unit Name: Detroit Baseball
Reports to: Concessions Manager, Operation Manager
Union/Non-Union: Non Union
SHIFT/HOURS REQUIRED: Day/Night Events
Pay Range: $15.00 w/Benefits
Age: 21 Years of Age
Responsible for conducting the day-to-day operational management and implementation of all activities pertaining to recruiting and coordinating volunteers for each event, as needed
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with non-profit organizations in the area
- Ensure a sufficient amount of fundraiser groups are recruited and trained throughout the season based upon Management discretion
- Conduct and arrange fundraiser training sessions. Train Non-Profit Group Members in company procedures including alcohol training, guest service training, and technical training. Track all group members trained.
- Develop and manage fundraiser policies and procedures.
- Ensure fundraiser operations are in alliance with company policies and procedures.
- Confer with fundraiser groups to resolve issues and promote cooperation and interest
- Schedule and coordinate fundraiser groups as needed for each event
- Work with other department mangers to ensure their need for fundraiser can be met efficiently
- Maintain accurate records and provide information on fundraiser participation, profits, shortages, and other necessary information
- Schedule Non-Profit Groups to ensure adequate staffing; supervise Non-Profit Groups during events
- Monitor concession stations are set up for each business day.
- Prepare various sales and operational reports from information compiled as needed.
- Ensure that proper sanitation and/or Food Safety procedures are followed.
- Ensure PCI Compliance guidelines are followed
- Prepare necessary items for check-in on Event days. Check-in and check-out group members and associates if time allows. Direct group members to locations and answer any necessary questions.
- Complete concessions/group productivity reports as needed/requested.
- Mail all payment and any necessary items; keeping constant communication with groups.
- Enter payment for groups at the end of each homestand; ensure that shortages are taken out and groups are paid according to the guidelines of the contract.
- Check event day worker lists to see if group members are trained. Inform the proper group leader immediately if they are not.
- Perform other duties as needed and/or required
- Performs other duties as needed and/or required
Education & Experience:
- Supervisory experience required.
- Customer Service experience required.
- Previous associate management experience helpful.
- Proven track record to encourage groups to fundraise for Comerica Park
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent guest service skills; ability to adhere to Company’s GuestPath Universal Service Standards and Operations Service Standards
- Ability to work accurately, efficiently and courteously in a high pressure environnment
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – ability to communicate with staff and to prepare written reports
- Team-oriented; ability to work effectively with others
- Ability to train, schedule and coordinate groups to fundraise at Comerica Park
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong computer proficiency
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment
Environmental Working Conditions:
- Exposed to outdoors and variable temperatures, including extreme hot and cold depending on the season