Current available jobs in Communications:
Communications: Communications Department Management
Senior Director, Corporate Communications - Washington Nationals (Washington, DC)
The Senior Director of Corporate Communications reports directly to the Vice President of Communications, working hand in hand to manage public relations on behalf of the Washington Nationals Baseball Club. The Senior Director of Corporate Communications manages the Senior Manager, Corporate Communications and Coordinator, Communications, with the VP, serve as the team’s publicists for all off-the-field matters. The Communications team works with other departments within the organization to effectively maintain the company’s message and promote various marketing/ticketing initiatives, community events and corporate activations. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, writing press releases and media alerts, actively pitching stories to the media for upcoming events, coordinating interviews with the Club’s players, coaches and executives, and directing media on-site at gameday events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Work hand in hand with the Senior Manager, Corporate Communications to serve as the team’s publicist for gameday initiatives and events. This includes, but is not limited to, drafting targeted media plans designed to garner sports and non-sports related earned coverage across print, broadcast, radio and online outlets, writing press releases and/or media alerts for activities, following up with phone calls, actively pitching stories for upcoming events to local and national media and contributing photos from team photographer to accompany stories.
· Work with Manager, Baseball Media Relations team and Marketing group to field player interview requests and direct media on-site at gameday events. Also field numerous media interviews and story requests each day/week and facilitate requests with appropriate team executives.
· Work with the Communications and Community Relations teams to coordinate extensive community-related press events for the Washington Nationals.
· Work with MLB, MLBAM and various departments within the organization to coordinate national film requests between external contacts.
· Create speeches and talking points for ownership and/or team executives for interviews and speaking engagements. Also work with executives to coordinate strategic messaging for the team’s various marketing promotions, corporate partnership events, ticket initiatives, etc.
· Compile and review sensitive organizational documents and presentations for the Executive team (i.e., Annual Reports, Emergency Management Plan, Information Dissemination Reports, etc.) and the Washington Nationals Dream Foundation.
· Supervise the work of the Senior Manager of Communications, Coordinator, Communications, and Interns
· Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
· Bachelor’s degree required.
· Minimum of five years experience in public relations, preferably at a large agency or Fortune 500 company.
· Experience pitching to the media and a strong background in writing is required for this position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
· The ability to work independently and to manage priorities is also a must.
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word and graphic design software program.
· Management skills are required.
· Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
· Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
· Gameday: Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue. May work at heights. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ