Current job openings |
My Account - TeamWork Online | Mobile
Current available jobs in
Communications: Media/Public Relations Servicing
Assistant, Media Relations - New York Mets (Flushing, NY)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be fluent in Spanish
- Translate duties pregame and postgame for all Mets Spanish-speaking players.
- Promote the Mets Spanish-speaking players to the Latin, international, national and local media.
- Focus on assisting with Latino player needs for Spanish themed corporate and marketing-driven player appearances, including autograph signings, meet-and-greets, brand marketing initiatives and player focused ballpark elements.
- Provide counsel to Mets Latino players related to the media and public relations opportunities.
- Translate radio scripts and Marketing team email blasts.
- Translate memos, letters and reports from English to Spanish when needed.
- During the season, work with the Media Relations department on game notes and statistical research.
- Work to ensure the timely distribution of key baseball information, publications, including the team’s media guide, season summary and baseball related press releases and daily game notes.
- Assist Media Relations department with administrative duties, arranging travel, media parking, media credentialing.
- Travel to include spring training and road games as needed. Also available at majority of home games and Postseason as needed.
- Help implement media plan to gain positive coverage in various publications and outlets.
- Work with the department to fulfill media requests and follow through on fulfillment of interviews, appearances, pre and post-game manager press conferences, etc.
- Work with the Communications department with offseason Community Events and Awards banquets.
- Special projects as assigned. (Ex. Budget)
- Assist in creating social media content for Marketing, Social Media/digital department at home and while on the road with the team.
- College degree, preferably with a major in Communications, Journalism or Sports Administration.
- 1-2 years of Baseball Information/Media Relations experience with a professional sports team.
- Spanish fluency is required.
- Excellence written and oral communication skills in English and Spanish.
- Strong familiarity with various dialects of the Spanish language.
- Working knowledge of baseball and related statistics.
- Proficient with digital and social media.
- Experience developing social media content and strategies.
- Ability to work long hours including nights, holidays and weekends and travel both domestically and internationally.
- Content development expertise.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. What qualifications do you have that you believe will make you successful in this position?
2. What excites you about this position?
3. What are your salary expectations for this position (range)?
Apply for this position
Go back job listings
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ