Retail: Retail Sales Associate
Retail Sales Associate - Washington Nationals (Washington, DC)
The Nationals are in need of accomplished Retail Sales Associates who love helping customers find Nationals branded merchandise and apparel. Our retail team delivers an exceptional fan experience at Nationals Park by achieving goals related to sales, customer service, inventory maintenance, merchandising and loss prevention.
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sell merchandise to fans and customers utilizing Point of Sale (POS) registers.
- Achieve sales productivity and incentive goals.
- Provide outstanding customer service.
- Accurately check-in and process new merchandise (count, hang, ticket, organize, etc).
- Merchandise products in a professional and organized manner.
- Process markdowns and ticket products as directed.
- Accurately sign and identify products being displayed and sold.
- Participate in physical inventories and periodic cycle counts.
- Execute internal product transfers as directed.
- Accurately maintain retail supply and signage inventories.
- Organize and preserve retail fixture inventories.
- Participate in set-up and tear-down of fixtures and stands for events and games.
- Provide assistance and training for other team members when needed.
- Assist the Stand Supervisors with coordination and execution of special projects as directed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma/equivalent or equivalent military experience
- Retail sales experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Must be able to work 80% of the game days and events at Nationals Park during the season.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Adhere to cash management and handling policies and procedures.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic is a must.
- Excellent Communication Skills.
- Ability to work independently and responsibly in a fast paced environment.
- Computer knowledge and/or experience including but not limited to retail point of sale registers.
- Ability to work flexible and/or extended hours based upon business needs.
- Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue. May work at heights. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.