Current available jobs in Information Systems/Technical Services:
» Senior Network Engineer - Boston Red Sox (Boston, MA)
» Junior Business Application Developer - Houston Astros Baseball (Houston, TX)
Information Systems/Technical Services: Technical/Engineering
Senior Network Engineer - Boston Red Sox (Boston, MA)
JOB TITLE: Senior Network Engineer
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology
REPORTS TO: Director, IT Operations
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Senior Network Engineer is an integral member of the IT team and will be responsible for supporting a wide variety of technologies required to run the business. This individual will be responsible for the design, architecture, and administration of a complex, highly-available network infrastructure that supports leading edge business and baseball systems. The successful candidate should have a passion for finding ways to leverage IT to improve the overall operational effectiveness of the IT team and the business. This individual must be adept at balancing the need to innovate versus the need to maintain the high availability of critical business and baseball systems. While formal management experience is not required, this individual must be able to train, influence, manage and communicate effectively with more junior technology professionals, colleagues and vendors executing strategic projects on behalf of Red Sox IT.
• Manage and administer a medium sized switched LAN leveraging multiple Ethernet switching technologies (Cisco, Extreme and Brocade).
• Troubleshoot and support a highly virtualized server infrastructure leveraging VMWare ESX 5.x
• Maintain and support a medium sized, highly available enterprise messaging environment running Microsoft Exchange 2013.
• Troubleshoot and support all aspects of a standard Windows Server environment (AD, DNS, DHCP, IIS, among other server roles).
• Troubleshoot and support a streaming application environment using Citrix XenApp.
• Support and troubleshoot an enterprise WiFi deployment using Meru Networks.
• Provision new services (compute, storage and network) as required by the business.
• Engineer, troubleshoot and support WAN connectivity to remote locations leveraging a combination of PPP, MPLS, MetroE and Dark Fiber using Brocade, Juniper and Cisco for transport.
• Engineer, support and troubleshoot a load balancer to meet the high availability needs of the business.
• Support a virtual desktop infrastructure using VMWare Horizon.
• Troubleshoot and support an enterprise storage environment using a wide range of EMC technologies.
• Manage a clustered network perimeter solution that utilizes a wide array of technologies from Checkpoint.
• Engineer IP routing solutions to meet business objectives, and troubleshoot complex IP issues as necessary.
• Mentor and provide level 3 support for junior technology staff, assist with complicated IT Helpdesk issues as necessary.
• Serve as the senior IT engineer on duty to support game day/night coverage as required to support the smooth operation of both baseball and non-baseball events.
• Manage vendors and other strategic IT projects as necessary.
CHARACTERISTICS / QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline, Master’s degree a plus.
• 8-10 years prior experience in a hands-on, senior network engineering role.
• An expert level of skill managing Microsoft server technologies (MCSE preferred).
• An expert level of skill managing a LAN/WAN (Brocade/Cisco expertise required).
• An intermediate level of skill managing a best of breed perimeter security solution – Checkpoint experience a plus.
• A thorough understanding of the OSI model.
• Able to do binary math in your head for IP engineering needs.
• A thought leader in network engineering related concepts and best practices.
• Self-motivated and able to work well both independently and as part of a larger team.
• Requires strong organizational, multi-tasking skills with high attention to detail.
• Able to handle pressure situations and stay focused on the task at hand.
• Work collaboratively as a member of a team to provide the highest levels of customer service.
• Must be able to accommodate business demands that may require nights and weekends in support of baseball games, special events, special projects, maintenance emergencies, and peak season hours.
• Must be available for 24-hour emergency on-call service on a rotational basis.
Information Systems/Technical Services: Programmer
Junior Business Application Developer - Houston Astros Baseball (Houston, TX)
The Junior Business Applications Developer developer’s role is to design, code, test, and analyze software programs and applications. This includes researching, designing, documenting, and modifying software specifications throughout the production lifecycle. The software developer will also analyze and amend software errors in a timely and accurate fashion and provide status reports where required.
Strategy & Planning
Acquisition & Deployment
Formal Education & Certification
Note: This position was originally posted on the Houston Astros employment site. To ensure that your application is considered for this position, please click here to apply for this job on the Houston Astros employment site.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ