Internships: Communications/Community Relations
RCF Game Day Sales Intern - Cincinnati Reds (Cincinnati, OH)
Job Title:RCF Game Day Sales Intern
Reports To:Assistant Director, RCF
Term:April 1, 2017 – October 1, 2017
- Adhere to Cincinnati Reds Organization Policies and Procedures
- Act as a role model within and outside the Cincinnati Reds Organization
- Performs duties as workload necessitates
- Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
- Meet department productivity standards as well as specific sales goals
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primary responsibility is the promotion and sale of Reds Community Fund Split the Pot 50/50 raffle tickets to fans throughout the ballpark during all Cincinnati Reds home games
- Required to work a minimum of 75% of all Reds home games (81) throughout the 2017 season (including but not limited to nights, weekends, holidays and potentially playoff activities).
- Responsible for set-up and tear down of all RCF Split the Pot related materials at the beginning and conclusion of each home game
- Additional duties may also include but are not limited to, daily set up, cash handling & reconciliation, inventory and end of night closing and reporting duties
- Being that the position is primarily a sales based the candidate must be highly energetic, enthusiastic and competitive.
- Prior work experience in the area of sales (preferably in the sporting industry) is a plus
- Have interest in sports business and have earned/are currently pursuing an undergraduate/graduate degree in a related area of study
- Must have an available schedule that will allow the ability to work up to 29 hours per homestand including nights, weekends, holidays during the period of April 1 - October 1, 2017
- Direct selling experience is a plus
- Must present self in a professional manner to interact with fans of all ages, sponsors, and game day guests
- Must be an energetic self-starter with an outgoing personality and be customer-service driven
- This is a seasonal opportunity and no benefits will be provided
- Game Day Staff will receive a meal voucher for each game worked
- Seasonal staff members are paid at Sate of Ohio minimum wage
- Work is normally performed outdoors as employee will have “game-day” responsibilities where the employee will be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
- Hours may include nights, weekends and holidays.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The above description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Additional duties, as assigned, may become part of the job function. The duties listed above are, therefore, a partial representation not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
The Cincinnati Reds are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Cincinnati Reds to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, sex, age, disability, citizenship status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.