Internships: Accounting and Finance
Accounting/Payroll Intern (2017 Season) - Indians Sportservice at Progressive Field (Cleveland, OH)
Manage and establish accounting responsibilities as delegated including but not limited to sales reporting, inventory tracking and cash handling in accordance with the Company’s GuestPath Universal Service Standards and applicable Operational Standards.
• Reconciles cashroom counts of fun money and loaded tickets.
• Prepares, verifies and processes invoices.
• Assists with game day inventory tracking and analysis.
• Processes journal vouchers and checks for payments.
• Bills and credits accounts involved with the accounts payable system.
• Prepares and mails bills or statements, and prepares lists of outstanding bills payable.
• Compiles and distributes daily sales reports, under the direction of Accounting Manager.
• Files and maintains clerical records and reports pertinent information to accounting and bookkeeping or technical operations.
• Assist with processing weekly payroll including maintenance of timekeeping system.
• Record, check and balance time sheets and process wage changes and adjustments for weekly payroll.
• Updates reports and spreadsheets tracking specific trends in things such as spoilage, items sales, etc.
• Tracks the payouts to the non-profit organizations within in the Food & Beverage department.
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Assists with preparation of month-end reports, and analysis.
• May audit and proof accounting or other reports for clerical accuracy and conformance to departmental, county, and state procedures.
• Offer game day assistance to supporting departments.
• Handle general reception/office responsibilities.
• Available to work extra hours on short notice.
Education & Experience:
• College level coursework or practical Accounting experience preferred.
We offer complimentary meals each day, select benefits including 401k options (eligibility requirements must be met), and convenient and low-cost parking. Progressive Field is a non-smoking facility.
All applicants will be subject to pre-employment background and drug testing.