Current job openings |
My Account - TeamWork Online | Mobile
Sales & Marketing: Ticket Sales
Group Sales Associate - New York Mets (Flushing, NY)
This part-time position is designed for candidates to help facilitate group sales initiatives and events on game days. This position will span from March of 2017 through October of 2017. Candidates will play a key role in executing group experiences and servicing our group clientele. While this is not an active sales role, it will provide exposure to the sales environment and will offer candidates a great learning experience.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Working alongside Mets employees to coordinate and manage group events at Citi Field, including pre and post-game Fan Experience Packages.
- Learning the ins and outs of coordinating Theme Nights and large-scale group events at Citi Field.
- Carrying out special ticket sales related projects as assigned by the management staff.
- Executing Group Sales related administrative responsibilities as assigned by the management staff.
- Occasionally the candidate will be asked to work non-game days to help facilitate group sales department with administrative office work, prospecting events, etc.
- Help facilitate processing and fulfilling ticket orders for larger group events throughout the course of the season.
- May be asked to help other ticket sales and service departments (Inside Sales, New Business Development, Premium and Retention) to help with game day responsibilities.
- It is preferred that the candidate is seeking a career in sports ticket sales.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Related coursework and/or experience is a plus.
- Ability to work well with others – from interns and front office staff, to athletes, fans, customers and corporate clients.
- Professional conduct, image and demeanor in an office setting.
- Candidates must have satisfactory computer skills, including some proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel/Word).
- Consistent, punctual and regular attendance. Available to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays. During the baseball season, this may include nights and weekends.
- Must have own transportation to and from Citi Field.
The position can require sitting or standing for very long periods of time during the day and/or night. Outdoor work in the ballpark that may require climbing stairs is probable and could occur in inclement weather. While performing some job duties, employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. What excites you about this position?
2. Describe your sales background as it relates to this position.
Apply for this position
Click here to see all of our employment opportunities.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ