Current job openings |
My Account - TeamWork Online | Mobile
Administration/General Management: Human Resources Management
Employee Relations Manager - New York Mets (Flushing, NY)
Manages confidential Human Resources matters, investigations and issue resolution. Drafts and interprets employee policies. Assume the role of trusted advisor to personnel and to organizational processes and programs throughout the Organization. Serves as a subject matter expert and escalation point for all leveraged employee relations matters within the Organization. Conducts internal investigations of leveraged employee relations issues and advises on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of domestic employment law industry, regulations and current business processes. Partners with, advises department heads throughout the Organization to develop and maintain a healthy, productive, legally compliant, harassment, and discrimination free work environment. Leads employee onboarding, offboarding and engagement. A high degree of creativity, latitude, and decision-making is required.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Partners with, advises and counsels department heads to develop and maintain a healthy, productive, legally compliant, harassment, and discrimination free work environment.
- Ensures compliance with EEO and related federal/state/city laws by conducting investigations into internal discrimination/harassment complaints and other high-leveraged allegations in order to mitigate risk and minimize legal action. This includes interacting with and interviewing all levels of management; data analysis; determining/recommending appropriate resolutions (from coaching/counseling to disciplinary action up to & including termination of employment); and appropriately documenting fact findings and recommendations.
- Partners with and advises all levels of HR on complex employee relations matters with the strong potential to move to the legal arena (including executive escalations); this includes diagnosing problems, negotiating workable solutions, and providing an oral or written report of fact findings to the Vice President of HR and Senior Leadership. Partners with Legal on complex employment issues. Uses sound judgment and discretion to interpret Company policy and guidelines for HR, employees and managers. Promotes strong interpersonal relationships and a problem solving approach to the resolution of employee concerns.
- Serves as the subject matter expert for the Organization’s leave programs in alignment and under the general direction and guidance of HR leadership and the legal department. Interprets and administers leave programs and policies in accordance with the applicable federal, state and city employment laws (FMLA, ADA, USERRA, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, etc.). Independently approves and/or denies leave cases based on relevant medical information. Coordinates and organizes all medical information and ensures that HIPAA and Employee Privacy guidelines are closely monitored and effectively executed. Manages all administrative aspects of employee leave to include tracking hours used/taken and working closely with the payroll department to ensure that pay for employees is accurate and correct. Works closely with employees to ensure that all relevant completed medical documentation is submitted for timely review. Maintains appropriate contact with all employees on leave and coordinates all aspects of return to work for employees on leave.
- Development, planning and communication of employee relations policies, practices and procedures for the organization to ensure uniformity of application of company policy and compliance. Evaluates complex processes and develops work flow detail for implementation (such as the administration of local and statutory leave laws). Ensures employee relations programs and policies are in alignment with Organizational Mission, Vision and Values.
- Provides employee relations support (providing proactive solutions; advice and counsel; communication of new policies, and guidelines and processes). Facilitates training for and as needed relating to: Harassment, Discrimination, Investigations, ADA/FML, Domestic Violence and Time Off.
- Special projects relating to company processes and practices.
- Plans seminars, presentations and employee activities as it relates to building employee morale and culture.
- Design and implementation of comprehensive onboarding process including new hire orientation, mentor program, and employee engagement.
Provides advice and counsel to all levels of leadership. Makes recommendations on appropriate resolutions to handbook violations and general employment related matters. Must have the ability to serve as lead on various HR Team projects.
Will be able to use independent/critical thinking and constant interpretation of evolving laws, guidelines and practices. Matters that lack precedent or standards will require complex analysis and initiative in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criteria in order to recommend resolution. Must be able to handle multiple deadlines and produce high quality work under tight schedules.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR/related field, or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of four (4) years of progressive HR assignments managing complex Employee Relations issues.
- A proven track record of effectively working with and influencing Senior Leadership to resolution of complex Employee Relations issues. Demonstrated credibility with Senior HR Leadership a must. HR Field experience in customer service/retail/hospitality/sports a plus.
- High credibility and absolute commitment to confidentiality and professional integrity.
- Skill in listening to and anticipating needs and understanding varying viewpoints neutrally.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to assess information, anticipate issues and outcomes, and make effective decisions.
- Ability to apply big picture understanding to decision making.
- Strong sense of accountability, taking ownership over projects and responsibilities and resolving issues proactively.
- Superior knowledge and understanding of Title VII, ADA, FMLA, ADEA, FLSA, NLRA, Time Off and a working knowledge of other city, state and federal employment laws.
- Ability to analyze trends and issues.
- Proven superior investigation, persuasion and diplomacy skills.
- Technical proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to communicate/work closely with individuals in upper management positions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to facilitate collaborative solutions to complex multi-disciplinary problems.
Department: Human Resources
Supervisor: Vice President, Human Resources
Location: Citi Field; Flushing, NY
FLSA Status: Exempt
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. What excites you about this position?
2. What qualifications do you have that you believe will make you successful in this position?
3. Do you have experience working in Human Resources? (Y/N) If so, please elaborate.
4. What are your salary expectations (please provide a range)?
Apply for this position
Click here to see all of our employment opportunities.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ