Current job openings |
My Account - TeamWork Online | Mobile
Facility Operations/Security: Game Day/Event Staff
Gameday Staff - Grounds Crew - Washington Nationals (Washington, DC)
Reporting to the Director of Field Operations, the Gameday Grounds Crew assists in all game day duties that directly relate to field preparation; pre and post-game. This position is part time which requires staff to report 2 hours prior to game and remain up to 1 hour post-game. Weather may offer opportunities for employees to report earlier than the required time as well as extend their shift post-game. Employees can expect to work in adverse weather conditions and should be aware of those dangers prior to applying.
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- During inclement weather, responsible for safely covering the field with the Field Tarp.
- Batting practice set-up and breakdown.
- Pre-game and post-game field preparations, duties assigned per game.
- In-game dragging of the infield clay surface.
- On field litter removal during game.
- Assist in maintaining a well-organized, clean, professional looking shop and break room area.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- High school diploma/equivalent or equivalent military experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Ability to lift, carry, and transport up to 50 lbs.
- Available to work days, nights, holidays, weekends, overtime if necessary.
- Ability to work in a professional, team atmosphere.
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure and/or frequently deal with a rapidly changing work schedule and environment throughout shift.
- Move quickly under unpredictable situations.
- Ability to learn while on-the-job.
- Must be available 50% of home games.
- Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
- Grounds: Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue. May work at heights. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The job is not considered dangerous; however, groundskeeping employees working with tools and machines, can be injured if they use them carelessly.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Yes/No. Are you available to work 50% of the remaining home games?
Apply for this position
Click here to see all of our employment opportunities.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ