Internships: Any Internship
HOF Development and Fundraising Intern - Cincinnati Reds (Cincinnati, Oh)
Department:Cincinnati Reds Hall of Fame and Museum
Job Title:Development and Fundraising Intern
Reports To:Marketing and Development Director and Marketing and Development Coordinator.
Term:April 15 2017 – August 15 2017
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct donor and prospective donor research, including identification, evaluation and data management of prospect records
- Design or identify prospect tracking, management and rating systems, as well as maintain a donor database, log donations, manage donor acknowledgement and donor appreciation
- Assist with communication and relationship management with vendors, sponsors, staff and donors
- Support Hall of Fame staff with associated logistics with special events/projects, campaigns, exhibits and initiatives related to fundraising and development as needed
- Provide clerical support related to fundraising and development
- Interns should have prior work experience in at least one business setting and/or one sports setting
- Interns should be interested in going into sports business and should have or are pursuing an undergrad/graduate degree in a related field of study
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills, and be comfortable communicating with all levels of staff within organization
- Must have ability to complete a variety of tasks and projects in a timely and well-organized manner
- Must possess strong organizational skills
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook are preferred)
- Must have a flexible schedule and a willingness to commit 25-29 hours per week
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment; however, under special circumstances, employee may have “game-day” responsibilities where the employee may be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time
- Hours may include nights, weekends and holidays
- Interns are paid at minimum wage (State of Ohio rate effective 1/1/2017 is $8.15 per hour)
- Only resumes submitted through Teamworkonline.com will be accepted. Please do not forward resumes via email or mail directly to Reds employees.
- Adhere to Cincinnati Reds organization policies and procedures
- Act as a role model within and outside the Cincinnati Reds organization
- Performs duties as workload necessitates
- Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
- Meet department productivity standards
Equal Opportunity Statement:
The Cincinnati Reds are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Cincinnati Reds to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, sex, age, disability, citizenship status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The above description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Additional duties, as assigned, may become part of the job function. The duties listed above is, therefore, a partial representation not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.