Current job openings |
My Account - TeamWork Online | Mobile
Facility Operations/Security: Maintenance
Logistics Specialist - Washington Nationals (Washington, DC)
Reporting to the Manager, Ballpark Operations, the Logistics Specialist engages in various types of duties for game-day and non-game-day events. Responsible for, carrying out assigned work.
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for set up and breakdown of all games, meetings, functions and events (ex. Maneuvering and lifting tables, chairs, risers, tents, gates, barriers and bicycle racks).
- Places carpets down prior to game, checks the First Aid locations for water and ice, sets up bike racks throughout the park as needed, changes the lineup card and changes the standings flags as well as takes game day call on game days.
- Repairs problems with the Gem carts, turnstiles, and all the flag poles/flags in the park.
- Responsible for the installation, removal, or repair of the new sails on Scoreboard Walk.
- Operates heavy equipment (forklifts, scissor lifts, tug, boom lift, bobcat, etc.) under OSHA specifications and apply as needed per type equipment operation.
- Performs heavy lifting and usage of equipment when necessary.
- Maneuvers office furniture in addition to performing work orders.
- Responsible for snow and ice removal from the sidewalks and parking lots during the winter months.
- Assists other departments as needed, including changing air filters in the various air handlers with the HVAC department, installing large TVs with the AV department, building new walls with the carpentry department, pulling wire with the electrical department, and painting bollards with the painting department.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent GED.
- Minimum of 2 years of related experience in construction or general labor.
- Valid driver’s license.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Ability to use heavy equipment such as forklifts, scissor lifts, tug, boom lift, bobcat. Certification preferred.
- Work effectively under pressure in meeting deadlines.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, contractors and facility users.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including early mornings, days, evenings, overnight, weekends, holidays, extended workdays and extended number of consecutive days.
- Ability and eagerness to work in a team-oriented maintenance department where daily work activities will include tasks both within and outside of specific trade disciplines.
- Maintenance: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Worker will be subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, extreme heat, extreme cold, noise, hazards and atmospheric conditions (fumes, odor, dust, mists, gases or poor ventilation).
- Game-day: Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue. May work at heights. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Yes/No. Do you have a minimum of 2 years related experience in construction or general labor?
2. Yes/ No. Do you possess a valid, unexpired driver's license?
3. Yes/ No.Are you able to work a flexible schedule as needed?
4. Yes/ No. Do you have experience in operating heavy equipment (forklifts, scissor lifts, tug, boom lift, bobcat, etc.) ?
Apply for this position
Click here to see all of our employment opportunities.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ