Information Systems/Technical Services: Computer Information Systems
Data Architect - Cincinnati Reds (Cincinnati, Oh)
Job Title:Data Architect
Reports To:VP of Information Technology
Job Purpose:The Data Architect developer will be responsible for developing, maintaining, testing and implementing BI concepts, data modeling, data warehouse, reporting and dashboards. The Business Intelligence Developer reviews, analyzes and modifies database systems including relational database and installation to support the applications systems of the organization. This role relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with business process owners to understand the business need and develop technical solutions that integrate existing and future applications into the organization's information systems.
- Must have technical experience with SQL, ETL, OLAP and Multi-Dimensional eXpressions (MDX).
- Support various database (including cube) within the data warehouse.
- Proven communication and problem-solving skills are critical to successful performance in this role
- Understanding of integration services, Analysis Services, Reporting Services and SQL 2008
- Generate SQL Database reports from existing database using BI tools (Tableau)
- Logical and Physical Data Modeling experience using data modeling tools.
- Design, develops, implements all ETL processes
- Determines database structural requirements by analyzing client operations, applications, and programming; reviewing objectives with clients; evaluating current systems;
- Develops database solutions by designing proposed system; defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, security, back-up, and recovery specifications.
- Installs database systems by developing flowcharts; applying optimum access techniques; coordinating installation actions; documents actions.
- Understand and used Microsoft Azure.
- Provide data management expertise to the company by evaluating requirements and developing solution.
Experience, Education and Licensure:
- Ability to train users and be resourceful with the ability to work independently
- Minimum of a BS or equivalent in business/computer science
- A minimum of 4-6 years of Data Warehouse and BI/Analytics experience.
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with clients and other technical staff.
- Experience using data visualization software tools a plus.
Knowledge. Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to query and create reports from relational databases using SQL or standard report writing tools such as Business Objects, Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services, Integration Services and Analysis Services..
- Ability to apply business and industry knowledge to internal applications, databases and systems.
- Additionally, the position requires developing, reporting from, and integrating existing applications.
- Must have an in-depth knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server Business Intelligence platform tools.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms, talk or hear.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Adhere to Cincinnati Reds organization policies and procedures
- Act as a role model within and outside the Cincinnati Reds organization
- Perform duties as workload necessitates
- Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
- Meet department productivity standards
Equal Opportunity Statement:
The Cincinnati Reds Are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Cincinnati reds to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, sex, age, disability, citizenship status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The above description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Additional duties, as assigned, may become part of the job function. The duties listed above is, therefore, a partial representation not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
I have read and understand that the performance standards outlined above will be used as basis for minimum job performance evaluation.