Facility Operations/Security: Grounds Crew/Turf Management
Grounds Crew - New York Mets (Flushing, NY)
The New York Mets Grounds Crew positions are primarily responsible for aiding in field preparation and maintenance for MLB games and special events. Other responsibilities include all other tasks and projects as assigned by Manager, Field Operations and Director, Field Operations and Landscaping. This is a full time, year around position.
- Involved in the preparation, maintenance and repair of the field at Citi Field, this includes application of fertilizers and pesticides
- Work with other members of the Stadium Operations Staff as directed
- Ability to operate all equipment needed for field maintenance, including but not limited to sprayers, mowers and tractors.
- Knowledge of infield skin maintenance, mound and plate maintenance, mowing skills and sod replacement.
- Provide support in all other Stadium activities and special events as assigned by Management
- Ability to lift heavy objects such as 50 lb. bags of fertilizer or calcined clay
- Ability to pull Field Tarp quickly
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety manuals, equipment operation manuals and fertilizer and pesticide instructions in English
- Ability to work long hours and weekends
- Ability to work outside in the winter to assist with snow removal
- Must have at least 1-year of experience as a Groundskeeper at Professional Baseball or College facility
- 2 or 4 year degree from recognized turf or horticultural program preferred
- New York State Pesticide Applicators License or the ability to obtain one within 6 months of employment
- Valid Driver’s License
- Experienced in the use of turf equipment
- Knowledge of chemicals used in turfgrass management
- Experience with concerts set-ups and/or snow removal a plus
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you have a degree or diploma in turf or horticulture?
2. Have you worked with Dura Edge Pro Infield mix or something similar? Please list.
3. Can you calibrate a sprayer?
4. Have you worked with Gumbo Mound Clay? Which one?
Apply for this position
Click here to see all of our employment opportunities.