Retail: Retail Sales Associate
50/50 Raffle Ticket Seller - Washington Nationals (Washington, DC)
The Washington Nationals Dream Foundation’s 50/50 Raffle program is seeking 50/50 Raffle Ticket Sellers to sell 50/50 Raffle tickets at every Friday, Saturday and Sunday home game and other select 2017 Nationals home games from April until October. Qualified employees may also be eligible to work additional hours in other Nationals Guest Experience positions. 50/50 Raffle tickets are sold from gates open (2.5 hours before first pitch) until the middle of the 7th inning.
The 50/50 Raffle offers fans a chance to win big cash prizes while supporting Washington Nationals Dream Foundation 's cornerstone programs in the District of Columbia. One lucky fan with the winning ticket number could win 50% of the Raffle proceeds, while the other half of the proceeds benefits the Washington Nationals Youth Baseball Academy and Washington Nationals Dream Foundation initiatives that aim to serve District of Columbia residents.
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sell 50/50 Raffle tickets using a touch screen electronic system to Nationals Park guests
- Spread awareness of the 50/50 Raffle and Washington Nationals Dream Foundation
- Accurately handle large amounts of cash transactions and distribution of raffle tickets, which are reconciled after each shift
- The 50/50 Raffle is a cash-only program
- Approach guests pre-game and in-game with sales pitches, 50/50 Raffle information or Washington Nationals Dream Foundation information
- Respond to questions guests may ask about the 50/50 Raffle or Washington Nationals Dream Foundation
- Responsibly deposit cash each shift and return all deposit slips to the 50/50 Raffle Supervisor at the end of each shift
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Must be detail oriented and have strong organizational skills.
Ability to interact positively with a large fan base and actively engage all guests.
Must be well spoken and confident in approaching all fans as potential ticket buyers and WNDF supporters.
Have strong interpersonal skills and able to provide excellent customer service and hospitality.
Maintain a professional appearance and grooming.
Nice, warm and courteous.
Able to stand for long periods of time. Walk long distances, and climb stairs.
Must be a team player who is able to work well in a fast paced environment
Must be prompt and arrive to work on time when scheduled.
Must have the ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays if necessary.
Interest in gaining knowledge within the sports industry preferred.
Interest in sports philanthropy or nonprofit fundraising preferred.
Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
- Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue. May work at heights. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.