Current job openings |
My Account - TeamWork Online | Mobile
Sales & Marketing: Client Retention/Customer Service
Director, Client Retention - Washington Nationals (Washington, DC)
The Director, Client Retention is responsible for the satisfaction and retention of our Season Plan Holders. This role leads the Membership Service staff to deliver all service and event operation activities for our Members and Season Plan Holders. Continued touch-point campaigns that aide in the renewal of Season Plan Holder business is a primary standard of achievement in this position.
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the hiring, training and performance of the Ticket Services Department, which acts as the Club’s primary resource for Season Plan Holders.
- Establish and implement levels of service and fulfillment specifically for all Season Plan Holders that sets the standard in MLB, professional sports in general and specifically within in the Washington, DC professional sports landscape.
- Oversee the Ticket Services staff to maintain superior levels of customer service to all Nationals fans.
- In conjunction with Vice President, Ticket Sales & Membership Services, coordinate and execute the annual renewal and relocation campaigns while maximizing customer retention and revenue generation.
- Oversee development, implementation and growth of the NATS PLUS Membership program, Nationals Red Carpet Rewards Program and other Season Plan Holder-centric campaigns.
- Facilitate Ticket Service improved touch-points – including e-mails, updates, newsletters and promotions.
- Develop value-added programs and benefits for the Club’s range of Season Plan Holders.
- Oversee and schedule comprehensive office and in-game schedules of Season Ticket Service staff.
- Act as liaison between Ticket Sales, Ticket Services and Ticket Operations department.
- Manage and adhere to department’s budget items related to Season Plan Holder service.
- In conjunction with Premium Sales & Service, work closely and help coordinate renewal, extension, new business development sales and service initiatives including events, receptions, trips and on–field experiences.
- In conjunction with Marketing, help coordinate all events pertaining to ticket purchasers – including NatsFest, Member Appreciation Day, Promo Giveaways, etc.
- In conjunction with Marketing, help coordinate all research pertaining to ticket purchasers – particularly season ticket holders, including surveys and focus groups.
- Maintain accurate reports regarding renewals, upgrades, appointments and account maintenance.
- Assist the Vice President, Ticket Sales & Membership Services with the development of sales reporting, bonus and commission structure.
- Responsible for game night staffing and prospecting events to elicit corporate and non-corporate prospects.
- Actively support the Sr. Director, Ticket Sales on full time Account Executive sales staff event management – Internal / External (i.e. networking events, annual dinners, awards ceremonies, etc…)
- Actively collaborate with the Sr. Director, Ticket Sales and Vice President, Ticket Sales & Membership Services on full time Account Executive staff sales and commission reporting.
- Collaborate with the Sr. Director of Ticket Sales and Vice President, Ticket Sales & Membership Services on developing sales contests. The incumbent is responsible for implementing the program and monitors the results of the full time Account Executive staff’s sales reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent military experience
- Minimum of 4 years client management or customer service experience.
- Minimum of 5 years industry related experience.
- Minimum of 3 years experience leading teams.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Must be able to take initiative, be highly organized and detailed oriented.
- The ability to work independently and to manage priorities is also a must.
- Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
- Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
- Gameday: Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue. May work at heights. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Yes/No. Do you have a minimum of 5 years experience in sports?
2. Yes/No. Do you have a minimum of 4 years experience in client management or customer service?
3. Yes/No. Do you have a minimum of 3 years experience leading and supervising teams?
Apply for this position
Click here to see all of our employment opportunities.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ