Current job openings |
My Account - TeamWork Online | Mobile
Retail: Retail Sales Associate
Amazin' Memorabilia Game Day Sales Associate - New York Mets (Flushing, NY)
This position within the Venue Services Department provides an opportunity to gain valuable experience in the retail environment. Mets Amazin’ Memorabilia provides fans with a direct link to take home a piece of the game. From selling a game-used jersey to regularly updating our inventory, this position will contribute to the overall success of the Mets Amazin’ Memorabilia program.
- Work at Amazin’ Memorabilia retail location before, during, and after each game to sell a wide-range of memorabilia including but not limited to game-used, team-issued, and autographed items.
- Prepare and merchandize Amazin’ Memorabilia kiosk before each game.
- Learn and understand market value of sports memorabilia.
- Properly record all sales, customer inquiries/requests, and inventory adjustments.
- Establish and expand relationships with current customers and create new relationships with additional fans.
- Use Adobe Photoshop to create signage for store.
- Photograph merchandise for use in publications, in-store signage, online marketing, etc.
- Interact with fans in a professional and outgoing manner.
- Maintain/update customer database.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of Amazin’ Memorabilia retail outlets and storage areas.
- Suggest new items, promotions, strategies, and more to help grow the Amazin’ Memorabilia program.
- Must be at least a Sophomore in College.
- Background in Sports Management, Merchandise, Marketing, Management, Sales, and/or Hospitality Services.
- Must be able to start working select days as early as 3/13/17.
- Must be able to work all remaining Mets home games from approximately 3 hours before first pitch to 1 hour after the final out; approximately a 7 hour daily shift.
- Must be available to work select non-gamedays when needed.
- Must be able to work weekdays, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be team-oriented, out-going, extremely motivated and able to work independently.
- Professional demeanor with strong organizational, planning, and communication skills.
- Must be extremely flexible and open to learn new skills.
- Must be able to open and close kiosk, including lifting/pulling down a roll-up gate, receiving of money, and running standard End Of Day register reconciliation.
- Must be able to lift merchandise that can weigh up to 50 lbs.
- Knowledge of MS Office software required, with emphasis on Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop.
- Knowledge of retail point-of-sale software, specifically Retail Pro.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. What qualifications do you have that you believe will make you successful in this position?
2. How would you describe your work style?
3. Are you currently planning on pursuing a career in sports? Why or why not?
4. Are you able to work all 2017 Mets home games?
Apply for this position
Click here to see all of our employment opportunities.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ