Current job openings |
My Account - TeamWork Online | Mobile
Sales & Marketing: Corporate Sponsorship Sales Department Management
Director, New Business Development – Metropolitan Hospitality - New York Mets (Flushing, NY)
Research, develop, and close new business and renewal business for non-game day events.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Acquire new customers, selling large-scale events and renew existing events.
- Pitching Citi Field as a venue for new events – focus on $75K+ events.
- Preparing presentations for clients.
- Contacting clients to inform them about new developments within MH’s business model.
- Developing quotes and proposals for clients.
- Maintaining fruitful relationships with existing customers.
- Researching organizations and individuals to identify new leads and potential new markets.
- Building a lead database from various sources.
- Researching the needs of other companies and decision-makers when it comes to booking events.
- Contacting potential clients via email and phone to establish rapport and set-up in person meetings.
- Meet quota of at least 2 in-person meetings per week.
- Maintaining P/L for each event.
- Working on Concert/Festival settlements with promoters and colleagues.
- Implementing ways to increase MH’s net profit margins.
- Consistently updating CRM and running reports.
- Strategically planning for future development – including new arms of revenue for MH.
- Creating and overseeing new marketing initiatives.
- Attending conferences, meetings, industry and networking events.
- Conducting surveys and implementing changes based on feedback/results.
- Analyzing potential risk/reward of new/renewal events and deal structures.
- Conceptualizing, running analytics, and producing MH Produced events.
- Selling Sponsorships for MH Produced events and client events.
- Managing internal relationships with employees at all levels.
- Working in conjunction with Event Execution Team and Aramark on events.
- Providing Updates and Reports to the VP, MH daily/weekly/monthly/yearly.
- Department budgeting and reforecasting.
- Arrange VIP Hospitality/Tickets and act as client host at various Mets Games.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification required.
- 4+ years in sports/entertainment/hospitality.
- 3+ years in sales (event sales preferred).
- A proven track record in strong presentation skills and sales.
- Strong track record of business-to-business sales at a corporate level.
- Must be able to work events/promotions throughout the year as required.
- Professional demeanor and excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must be team-oriented, out-going, extremely motivated and able to work independently.
- Must possess a strong working knowledge of MS Office software, with an emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint- knowledge of CRM is preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License and knowledge of NYC/Long Island/CT/NJ preferred.
- Ability to work out of Citi Field and 4WTC.
- Proficient in accounting, estimating, cost analysis, and budgeting.
- Strong knowledge of CRM, reporting Sales numbers, and large Event Sales.
- Extremely strong communication.
- In-depth knowledge of the industry and current trends.
- Ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines.
- Skilled in prioritizing and triaging varied to-do lists.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Excellent time management and organization.
- A deep understanding of marketing principles and profit maximization.
- Strong research and strategic analysis skills.
- Detail-oriented “people person” capable of working on multiple sales and projects simultaneously.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. What qualifications do you have that you believe will make you successful in this position?
2. What separates you from the rest of the candidate pool?
3. What are your salary expectations for this position (range)?
Apply for this position
Click here to see all of our employment opportunities.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ