Sales & Marketing: Mascot
Mascot - Ballpark of the Palm Beaches - Washington Nationals (West Palm Beach, FL)
Provide entertainment as a mascot during Nationals Spring Training games at the Ballpark of the Palm Beaches. The mascot will work all Nationals home games meet and greet fans and may take pictures with fans to enhance all-around game experience.
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Must be passionate about baseball.
• Take on the persona of the mascot you encompass.
• Interact with fans during games.
• Must perform at every home game and other events as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Previous mascot experience is preferred, but not required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions:
• Must be reliable and able to arrive at the Ballpark of the Palm Beaches at least 90 minutes prior to gametime.
• Must be able to work all of the Nationals Spring Training home games in 2017.
• Must be able to take part in the annual tryout (tryouts are by invitation only).
• Must be between 5'7" and 6'6" in height.
• Ability to run and perform in a 50 pound costume.
• Ability to properly function in while wearing a 50 pound costume.
• Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
• Gameday Seasonal: Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue. May work at heights. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.