Current job openings |
My Account - TeamWork Online | Mobile
Internships: Any Internship
Social Media & Event Internship - Kansas City Royals (Kansas City, MO)
Social Media & Event Internship (Seasonal)
The Social Media & Event Intern will assist with day-to-day Digital & Social Media operations and Marketing Department special events & stadium entertainment.
- Develop engaging content for club's social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and Pinterest through photography, copy writing and graphic design.
- Maintain organizational social media calendar.
- Assist in creating and developing social media campaigns.
- Monitor and report on digital trends and industry social networks.
- Assist with royals.com updates and email communication.
- Create content for royals.com and the MLB.com Ballpark App.
- Assist in taking photos of game and non-game events, as well as organize and archive photos from all games and events.
- Organize and report on the daily, weekly and month analytics for all digital and social media platforms.
- Communicate and collaborate with MLB Advanced Media on digital and social media initiatives throughout the season.
- Manage the Royals Rewards program including developing and launching promotions and sweepstakes.
- Coordinate planning and scheduling for in-stadium entertainment stage.
- Manage event day logistics for in-stadium entertainment stage on 20+ pre-game performance dates.
- Work with Royals Box Office to complete comp ticket requests.
- Be involved in the planning of select marketing special events from start to finish.
- Assist with event set-up and production for all Marketing Special Events, including Salute to the Negro Leagues, Big Slick Celebrity Classic, Girls Night Out, Fan Appreciation Day, etc.
- Sit in on advertising agency meetings and being involved in the branding execution.
- Other administrative duties as assigned by the Marketing Department.
- Bachelor's Degree study in a related program.
- Avid user of social media (experience using on behalf of a business preferred).
- Social analytics experience preferred.
- Practical graphic design experience.
- Background in photography preferred.
- Baseball knowledge and/or knowledge of the Kansas City Royals organization.
- Familiar with Microsoft Applications; experience with Adobe Creative Suites a plus.
- Strong interpersonal, organization and customer service skills.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Previous experience in entertainment industry/booking preferred.
- Position requires attendance at most Royals home games.
- Ability to work March though the end of the season.
- Possess a professional attitude that is customer service oriented.
- Ability to work in outside elements including heat, rain, cold and snow.
- Required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances and lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Available to work 35 hours weekly including holidays, evenings and weekends.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of application or resume no later than Friday, February 24th.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Are you available to work 35 hours per week from March-October?
2. Are you able to work holidays, evenings and weekends?
3. Do you have a Bachelor's Degree study in a related program?
Apply for this position
Click here to see all of our employment opportunities.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ