Current job openings |
My Account - TeamWork Online | Mobile
Facility Operations/Security: Maintenance
Manager, Facilities - YBA - Washington Nationals Baseball Club, LLC (Washington, DC)
The Washington Nationals Youth Baseball Academy is a year-round educational and athletic facility with the mission to use baseball and softball as vehicles to foster positive character development, academic achievement, and improved health among at-risk Washington, D.C., youth. Founded in 2013, the Academy is poised for exciting growth, including the opening of our $17 million facility in March 2014. We are looking for a Manager, Facilities to be responsible for the Academy’s physical plant, ensuring optimal functioning of building systems, including mechanical, electrical, fire/life safety, and elevator, and grounds, including synthetic turf baseball/softball fields, walkways, and landscaped areas on the facilities perimeter. The ideal candidate brings a minimum of 5 years of experience in facilities and grounds maintenance, preferably with an indoor/outdoor sports facility. S/he should possess a positive, solution-focused personality and demonstrate the ability to lead and collaborate with others, multi-task and prioritize, and find creative solutions to challenges. Passion for the Academy’s mission is a must.
- Plans, organizes and executes proper maintenance of all electrical, plumbing, and fire/life equipment and systems, as well as maintenance of the facilities finishes
- Ensures that preventive maintenance procedures are carried out on a scheduled basis and completes maintenance records for all equipment
- Recommends replacement of equipment whenever necessary and evaluates new equipment for its durability and values
- Coordinates and executes, when necessary, custodial responsibilities, ie. cleaning, trash removal, recycling, and ordering building supplies
- Per pre-determined standards and warranty provisions, maintains synthetic turf playing surfaces and clay mounds
- Maintains dugout and bullpen spaces
- Inspects field fencing, screening and netting and ensures repair of any damaged areas
- Ensures functionality of electronic systems on fields, including scoreboards and press box
- Oversees and executes, when necessary, maintenance of landscaping and grounds
- Maintains maintenance and storage areas and keeps in exquisite working condition
- Ensures compliance with environmental procedures, eg. snow removal, de-icing, and maintenance of drainage systems
- Working with Sr. Director of Operations and contractors, obtains cost estimates for supplies, parts and equipment repair; orders supplies and maintains inventory of parts
- Maintains records of completed maintenance and repair work
- Attends regular meetings with Sr. Director of Operations and other key staff to prioritize maintenance needs
- Assists with the preparation of the annual department budget
- Other duties as assigned
- Associates Degree in construction technology or related field
- Facilities maintenance experience (minimum of 5 years) involving the maintenance and repair of buildings
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions involved with the maintenance, repair, and operation of buildings, grounds, and operating systems
- Contributes to a motivating, rewarding, and productive work culture that promotes continuous learning
- Ability to effectively interact with staff, tenants, department heads and officials, the public, and contract services providers
- Ability to relate plans and specifications to actual field conditions
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Responsible, organized and detail-oriented
- Passion for youth development, sports and community building
- Must pass criminal background check
Work requires sufficient physical strength, agility, endurance, dexterity and hand-eye-foot coordination to perform all essential duties. Work requires sitting for long periods of time, standing and walking, and kneeling, crawling, bending, climbing stairs and ladders. Work may expose employee to potential severe weather, potential chemical hazards; potential biological hazards; and potential physical hazards. Work requires the use of safety clothing and equipment, and compliance with safety rules and procedures, as needed. May be called after regular working hours to respond to emergency maintenance and repair needs.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Yes/No. Do you live in DC, Maryland, or Virginia?
2. Yes/No. Do you have facilities maintenance experience (minimum of 5 years), involving the maintenance and repair of buildings? If yes, please explain.
3. Yes/No. Are you knowledgeable of the occupational hazards and safety precautions involved with the maintenance, repair, and operation of buildings, grounds, and operating systems? If yes, please explain.
Apply for this position
Click here to see all of our employment opportunities.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ